16.8.17

Review: Seven Ways to Lose Your Heart by Tiffany Truitt


Summary/Cover Image from Publisher's Website
Seven dares. Seven days. And the road trip of a lifetime.

In the span of seven days, Annabel Lee will lose her heart.

Kennedy Harrison, as reckless with life as Annabel is obsessed with order, never could commit to anything—not to a person, not to a job, not to a path. But he’s got a history with Annabel, and for once Kennedy doesn’t want to run. Determined to spend time with her before she leaves for college, Kennedy dares her to join him on a road trip to a music festival.

And neither of them could ever say no to a dare.

But Annabel’s got a plan. She’ll complete seven dares in seven days—if Kennedy applies for one writing internship per dare. Because Kennedy needs to be pushed just as much as she does.

What follows is a dizzying week of music, shady hotels, comical dares, and a passion neither one knew existed. But when it ends, Annabel and Kennedy will realize the biggest dare of all might just be falling for each other.
Review

With a tagline like "Seven Dares. Seven Days. And the road trip of a lifetime." how could I truly resist Seven Ways to Lose Your Heart? The answer: I couldn't. I love books involving road trips (Amy & Roger's Epic Detour, Two Way Street, Right of Way, etc.) and to throw in dares on top of that, I was in contemporary book heaven!

As it turns out, I flat out LOVED Tiffany Truitt's Seven Ways to Lose Your Heart. Basically, this book is a contemporary romance fan's ideal book. Containing steamy romance, stubborn and feisty main characters, and a road trip that seriously made me want to pack my bags and head to the nearest music festival, Seven Ways to Lose Your Heart had me hooked from the first word until the very last.

When Annabel and Kennedy were little, they were the dynamic duo - the two kids that everyone (students, parents, teachers) was slightly terrified off. Pulling off terrible, twisty dares, Annabel was the reckless one while Kennedy was the voice of reason, bringing Annabel back from the edge more than once. Everything changed, though, the moment tragedy shook Annabel's life. Suddenly Annabel became afraid to live, the uttermost rule follower, and Kennedy, the boy who always had her heart, ran the other way, never looking back. Now at twenty, Annabel is understandably shocked the day Kennedy beeps at her on the road...he hasn't so much as looked at her in years so why the big change now? Before she can fully comprehend it, Kennedy is full force back in her life, and when he offers her the chance to go a road trip of epic proportions, Annabel can't say no - finally she wants to take a risk, take the unknown road. What she - and Kennedy - don't realize is that this road trip is going to alter their lives forever all thanks to a new series of dares and a growing bond that even they can't deny...

I loved a lot about this book; however, the aspect I loved the most was the chemistry between Annabel and Kennedy. From the moment they first interact on page, you simply can't deny that there's a connection there - a strong one at that. Kennedy is the risk taker, the one who isn't afraid to risk being annoying to get what he utterly wants: Annabel's friendship. Annabel is serious and rather steadfast, devoting her energy to her family and her boyfriend. However, there still is a part of her under the surface that is feisty and stubborn.

I  really enjoyed watching Annabel inspire Kennedy to put his future first, to realize that he can be talented and successful and Kennedy inspire Annabel to take a risk again, to not be afraid to live. Seeing how much they cared about the other's wellbeing made their relationship much more realistic and believable. Also, the little sparring matches that occasionally occurred because of rising tensions became one of my favorite parts of the book as well - the fights always tended to be much more comical than serious, thankfully!

The plot of this book followed the typical romance novel pattern, but I loved it nonetheless. The dares and music festival really managed to spice up the typical romance tale and make it unique. I felt that the dares were not only well timed but also worked in with the overall story quite well. As for the music festival, Tiffany's descriptions of the event as well as the road trip leading up to it always made me feel like I was right there with the characters. I especially enjoyed how she intertwined popular musical acts into it.

Seven Ways to Lose Your Heart is simply amazing - so great in fact that I'm having such a hard time writing this review in a way that every sentence doesn't start with "I loved..." So to sum it up...if you love contemporary romance...or a good road trip book filled with romance and dares...give this book a chance. I truly think you'll enjoy it, love it even! All I know is I can't wait to read more by Tiffany!

Grade: A+ 

Seven Ways to Lose Your Heart is now out!

Source: eCopy provide by publisher - thanks Riki at Entangled Publishing! 


Buy Links: 


Author Links: 

Website | Twitter | Facebook

eBook Deal Alert: 

Mark your calendars!! Seven Ways to Lose Your Heart will be going on sale for 99 cents starting 8/23! 

Tell Me in the Comments: 

Have you read anything by Tiffany before? Do you love books involving road trips? (I know I do!) Or since dares are a big part of the book, what's one of the craziest dares you've ever been given and/or received? 

13 comments:

  1. I love that cover! And omg I think this is the same Tiffany Truitt who wrote a YA dystopia series back in the day? Anyways, I love a good road trip romance, and the chemistry here sounds really amazing as well. I can't resist!
    Great review, Lauren! :)

    Nick @ Nick & Nereyda's Infinite Booklist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this is the same Tiffany! I haven't read those ones, but now I really want to.

      Delete
  2. I don't read a ton of contemporary romance, but this sounds like it has a lot of fun elements. I like that the main characters have a history with each other. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angela! The main characters having this big complicated history is part of what made it so good, in my opinion...it caused for a lot of drama and development.

      Delete
  3. I think I would enjoy Kennedy and Annabel a lot! And I really like that there is music in the story as well. Wonderful review. I will be adding this to my wishlist. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woo, I hope you enjoy it when/if you read it! :)

      Delete
  4. This sounds like a great romance! I am so glad you loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whaaaaat. I remember Tiffany Truitt wrote YA books! This romance novel sounds really good. I LOVE how the guy is gripping the girl, on the cover. I think I would totally love this book but I can't read it! The hero's name is my dad's name! It's too weird, I just can't do it! LOL. I'm so glad you enjoyed the book, Lauren!

    Have a wonderful week. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I remember her one release Pretty Amy so I was surprised she had done the switch to NA. Ohhhhhh no about the hero's name! I don't think I could do it either - that's just such a weird factor to add in lol

      Delete
  6. Glad this was so good! A contemp road trip book- I don't know if I've read one of those but I love the idea! Looks like lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Greg! And I fully support you trying a contemp road trip book. They're just so great. After you read one, you'll sure to be looking for other ones!

      Delete
  7. I love road trip books so thanks for putting this one on my radar. It sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so never be afraid to leave one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Imagination Designs
Artwork by www.CreateTheCut.com